Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

September Goals

It's no secret I have fallen off the wagon a bit. Okay, a lot. But I am getting back on track, God help me. I am trying to eat better (but there is a lot of room for improvement, get me?) I am working out 3 days a week (except this week, we have Labor Day off) and it kicked my ass last week. I hope this week it will be a bit easier. I hope after the pain I went through last week that I am a bit stronger and have a bit more endurance.



Regardless of the pain, I do feel a lot better. After Thursday, which was Abs / Core / Cardio day, I woke up and my whole mid-section felt tighter. Firmer. Like I had lost like five inches. I hadn't (if only that was how it worked) but it felt like it. Ever feel that?



This is totally off-topic, but I bought my first sports bras the other day. They are like the best thing in the universe. I wish sports bras and yoga pants were acceptable clothing everywhere. Congress, are you listening?! Why didn't I take advantage of this awesomeness sooner?!?!

Anyways, I decided that one way to get me to blog is to make goals. That way I know in my mind, I have goals I need to beat. I am wayy too competitive for my own good. I think that is part of the reason why I get so wore out at boot camp, because there is no way in hell I am going to be last. Don't get me wrong, weight loss is not a competition, and I shouldn't compare myself to others at different places in their journey, but I will be damned if I am last. But if I make goals, I get competitive with myself and have to win.

September Goals

  • Blog more here. About my struggles, what I am eating, how I am working out, etc. etc. TAKE PICTURES. Because I am totally failing at the pictures thing.
  • Attend every boot camp. This is Monday (Lower Body / Cardio), Tuesday (Upper Body / Cardio), and Thursday (Abs / Core / Cardio). Try and take my cousin's advice and do arms again on Friday. 
  • No more soda. No excuses. It is not nutritious. It is not good for my teeth or my health. JUST STOP DRINKING IT. I had to get tough love a bit, right there. I was channeling Dakota. (Not sure who Dakota is? Read about him here)
  • Eat better. I am not sure if I want to go back to counting calories because it is not something I am fond of, but I need to just straight up not eat crap food. I will not eat food that makes me feel guilty. How about that? 
  • Lose 10 pounds. I am interested in what I can with the boot camp working out as hard as I do and eating better. I will be doing the best I can, that's for damn sure.

Are you setting goals for yourself for September?

Linking up with :

Monthly Goals

10 comments:

  1. Those are some good goals. I've been looking for somewhere to linkup my goals post so that I could hold myself accountable so thanks for including that :)

    Cassie
    http://southeastbymidwest.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're picking yourself back up and setting goals. I really need to do this myself! Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think making goals helps. I'm trying to work out more this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will join you in the no more soda goal!! So proud of you, keep it up! By the way, I need to get back to work out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally with you on the food goal! I hate the idea of putting myself on an actual diet so I've just been doing small things like eating an apple with peanut butter instead of a candy bar and serving my plate before my husband's because for some reason I automatically put equal servings on the plates when mine should be way smaller than his! Wishing you the best of luck with all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to quit the soda too. It's so hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to quit soda, too, but it's so tough. I have switched back to Diet, so at least that's a start.

    Good luck with your goals! Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals, I need to quit soda but with my sleep schedule its down right impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you have some great goals, but I'm going to throw something out there on the last goal. Don't be discouraged if the scale doesn't move on that last one. If you're working out as much as you have scheduled, you're going to build muscle, which may not translate to lost pounds on the scale. But I bet you'll see dramatic differences in your body anyway.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are absolutely fantastic goald, but I do agree with Aubrey! Though it's really hard to remember that. Thanks for linking up with us! :D

    ReplyDelete