Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day Four, Falling Off the Wagon

So I know I haven't posted in a week. I knew it would happen. I am very bad at following through. But I believe the key to success in anything is getting back up when you fall down.

And I don't even have a good excuse. My cousin is in town from out of state and I just have been spending a lot of time with her. But, that said, because I haven't been blogging doesn't mean I haven't been drinking water and making healthy choices. I have made a few bad ones, but for the most part, I try and make good choices. I just try and remember how guilty I feel when I eat bad. And it effects how I feel physically, too. When I eat good, I feel good. It is so simple, and makes so much sense, but I never attributed how crappy I felt to what I was eating, drinking, and doing.

But today I am back on the horse. I am going to exercise, drink water, and live better.

Today, it started with this:



I started a new Zombies, Run! 5k Training account so that I could start over. And I did. The first mission, which is like a background story mission (and I never did previously) didn't involve any running instructions (tomorrow will) but I did run a little. And I mean a little. But I got out there and moved.

Which is a lot better than I have been doing lately.

It feels good to try again.

And we are getting a treadmill,so I can actually push myself when it comes to speed. I feel like I can't when I am out running or whatever. I don't want to kill myself or anything, but I just want to push myself.

I am so excited.

And also, I am starting to track my calories again. It is time consuming and sometimes frightening, but I felt like it did really help put things in persepective. OH and I actually measured my cereal this morning. Mind blowing how much I was really eating. I put the 3/4 scoop (the serving size listed) in the cereal container so that I don't forget. How smart am I?

Today's Reason To Be Fit is very fitting:




No comments:

Post a Comment