Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Vice Busting Diet, Day One - Morning Questions

I mentioned yesterday that on this blog I am going to be going through the Vice Busting Diet, which I have started a few times, but never actually made it through all 12 weeks of the book.

That's going to change today.



The whole thing about the Vice Busting Diet, is that you bust your vices, one bad habit at a time. Sounds do able, right? After a few days, the book tells you to work out as well. I already walked this morning, so I'm ahead. I think the hardest thing about this book is to go as slow as it says. But, I think my problem with diets and changing my lifestyle thus far has been that I have thrown myself in too hard, and gotten discouraged when nothing happened after a week or two.  So I am going to try and follow the book the best I can.. except for working out. I will be trying to, at the very least, go for a walk every day.

The Vice Busting Diet Journal has affirmations that you are supposed to say to yourself to help yourself along in this journey. I will be posting these here as well as my answers to the journal questions.

AM Affirmation: I believe in my ability to improve my health, my attitude and my life. I am worthy of the best that life has to offer and today I have the opportunity to get closer to realizing my dreams and goals.

Journal Questions:


List 10 adjectives that you feel describe yourself as you are now:

  1. Overweight
  2. Unhappy with myself
  3. Lazy
  4. Tired
  5. Sad
  6. Talented
  7. Confident
  8. Ambitious
  9. Friendly
  10. Reliable
How do these words make me feel when I read them?
They certainly make me sad. But they also make me realize that I described negative words for my body and my body image, but positive words for ME... so I guess that's something, right?

Now write ten adjectives that you would use to positively describe YOU!
  1. Confident
  2. Ambitious
  3. Friendly
  4. Reliable
  5. Talented
  6. Dedicated
  7. Determined
  8. Loyal
  9. Loveable
  10. Intelligent
How do these words make you feel when you read them?
Much better. I feel kinda like I'm tooting my own horn with these words, but they make me happy to read them. I feel like this is much more about me. As the journal says, "your body does not have to be a reflection of the person YOU are". And that is very true. That's something that I will work hard to remember.


Do I believe that this plan will work for me? 
Yes! I think so!

What do I feel will make this plan work?
I think that if I can get myself to journal here every day (twice a day, for AM and PM questions), keep track of my food, drink water, and exercise, it will work. I just can't give up. I have to keep going. And ultimately, I believe these steps will lead to my weight loss. And feeling better overall.


Have a great day, loves.
I will be back to answer more questions tonight.

Please note that I am in no way affiliated with Julia Havey or the Vice Busting Diet, this is just a way for me to journal in way that I feel will be helpful to me. 

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! Just stick to the plan and know that everyone slips now and then and that's ok! You slip, then you just get back onto the plan and get started again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most certainly all of those things on your 'positive' list! I think it's great that you are sharing this experience with your readers. One day at a time. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete